View Single Post
July 20th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookreader View Post
Ugh. People really can be pretty ridiculous and unhelpful. It drives me crazy when people assume how you are feeling.
I really try to have a positive attitude when people ask about my pregnancy/ how I'm feeling/etc, because we really are VERY grateful for these little lives coming to our family. But it's like people have to throw a negative spin on everything I say. A couple weeks ago, after an acquaintance asked how I was feeling and I told her I was doing really well, she actually responded with, "So, in other words, you're feeling totally horrible and just don't want to say it."
Thanks. Thanks for all your understanding. Do I really look that horrible? :/
Yeah.. I think sometimes it doesn't matter what people say, it can still irritate me. Even when people comment on how "good" I look- I don't believe them! I think they are saying it just to be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPenguin4 View Post
Awwww I'm so sorry!! That was so rude of them and they don't even realize it! Seriously I say this all the time that people do NOT have social skills when it comes to talking to pregnant women... think before you speak! I would have been rude to them if it were me but that's bc I have NO filter anymore lol I haven't gotten any phone calls yet but I have had a few people on my Facebook asking if baby was here yet or geez have that baby already.. that one was my favorite. I know them mean well but it bothers me so much too! Like people think we would have our babies and not tell anyone.. come on now what the heck!
Well, I think they meant well. They are also ladies from my church.. lol A woman I know and she has ZERO tact. She came up to me and said that SHE wished I was having a boy. Really??? It was when I was really struggling with having a girl. Another women asked when I was due and then asked if I was sure I wasn't having twins. I just said I didn't think I was that big.

This is such a tough part of pregnancy. Especially for those of us who aren't blessed with tiny little bodies with tiny little bumps.