Topic: Body Check-In
View Single Post
July 21st, 2013, 10:52 PM
Lola,

It sounds like your weight loss is going GREAT! Congratulations! It's so hard to be patient with these things. But, really, 35 lbs. in 2 months is excellent.

I know what you mean about going back to work, and about problem areas. :-p I would recommend, if you're able and if it's a priority for you, finding a trainer who can help you target your abs and who can accommodate your schedule as a new mom. For example, a friend (9 weeks post-baby) was telling me about her new "online" health coach / personal trainer, who gives her daily at-home, body-weight exercises and tailors the workouts to help her tighten up her core. He also gives daily nutritional tips, so that she can put those into practice in conjunction with the workouts. It sounds pretty great -- she doesn't have to go to a gym, doesn't need any equipment, and the workouts are usually only 30 minutes (but she says they definitely get her sore, and she's seeing results). Plus, it's only $50 / month, because the trainer doesn't actually meet up with her for the workouts; he just writes the plans. I wish I'd known about that before!

Anyway, I think her health coach is in your area? It's called "Farmer Gym." Or, maybe you already know another good fitness professional. Either way, I strongly recommend an actual trainer and not just trying to do crunches on your own or do something you see in a magazine.

Good luck!

~ D