Topic: Tips?
View Single Post
July 22nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I pumped while working with #1 until she was 13 months old (and then kept BF until she was 29ish months), and now I'm pumping again with #2. It's definitely doable, but it's a commitment, for sure.

This time around, I pumped every day after her early morning feeding while I was still on maternity leave. And I also hand expressed some here and there throughout the day while she was napping, or after feedings. By the time I went back to work, I had a nice freezer stash. Now that I'm back at work, I am pumping/hand expressing more often. I am lucky enough to be able to pump/express whenever I need/want to. I pump or express usually every 1.5-2 hours at work. With #1, I could really only pump on my commute to work, on my lunch break, and on my commute home. Really, that was not enough for me to maintain good supply. Also, I try to keep snacks and water nearby while working so that I make sure I maintain enough water & calorie intake to keep my supply up.

Feel free to come over to the pumping mommies board, too. It's not super active, but it's always nice to have other people to commiserate with!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Last edited by ThaiSpice; July 22nd, 2013 at 08:05 AM.