View Single Post
July 23rd, 2013, 05:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
My son had torticollis and ended up having low muscle tone as well. He was late with all his milestones and was very shaky sitting for a long time. I didn't feel comfortable getting him in the Bumbo until 8 or 9 months. Prior to that, it was all about tummy time. Kids with low tone or torticollis or any kind of developmental delay are not recommended to use things like jumpers, exersaucers, Bumbos, etc for extended periods of time bc it is thought that these take away time from actually working on their core muscles, which are best developed on tummy time. A good pediatric physical therapist will tell you that. We did physical therapy for over 3 years.
Tummy time is all but nonexistent here. Now that she figured out how to roll, as soon as I put her on her tummy she flips herself over. Every once in a while she'll stay on it for a few minutes, but never too long.

And I don't have a Bumbo because I was worried about her falling and hurting herself but I guess if she's on the floor and I'm right next to her when she uses it then the chance of that is low. Might need to go invest in one.

Last edited by misty3281; July 23rd, 2013 at 05:24 AM.