View Single Post
July 23rd, 2013, 06:31 PM
Padawan Kim
My husband has been suffering with a bad cold for about a week now, and I think Kaeldra has finally caught it. She doesn't have a fever, but her nose is a bit stuffy and she was crying inconsolably last night from about 11 p.m. until 2 a.m., when I finally got her to nurse and fall asleep. She slept longer than she ever has-- almost 8 hours (!)-- and woke up seeming happy at first, smiling and everything, but started crying as I was changing her diaper (she doesn't usually cry like that in the mornings). I'm nursing her again and she didn't give me any trouble with that like she did last night.

I've read on a couple websites to take a baby under 3 months to the doctor at the first sign of illness. Kaeldra is 2 weeks shy of 3 months, but I feel like they're just going to tell us to nurse a lot and send us home, so I'm not sure what to do. It takes up so much time to get there and back, so I feel like maybe it would be better for her to just take it easy at home. Last night was so difficult seeing her cry so hard. I was crying with her.