View Single Post
July 23rd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Padawan Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Hmmm...what about calling first? Do they have some sort of advice line? I would absolutely call and/or take her in if you are at all concerned - it's worth it for peace of mind. She is under 3 months - it doesn't matter if she is 2 weeks away. Things to look for - is she still making enough wet diapers? The concern would be dehydration if she's nursing less. A doctor would want to see her to assess for signs. How are her poops? Runny and watery or mucousy? What color? Continue to check her temp regularly to make sure she doesn't have a fever. If it's 100.4 F or higher (rectal temp) it's considered a fever and I would definitely make plans to take her in. They may also be able to offer some home remedies for congestion.
She's still nursing often, it was just those 3 hours last night that she kept crying (she had nursed a ton earlier, though-- 12 a.m., 1 a.m., 5 a.m., 7 a.m., then every hour from 9 a.m. till 10 p.m....she always nurses a lot, but that was slightly more than usual ), so her diapers are still the same. Her poopy diaper this morning looked normal. I plan to take her temperature a lot today. I also have a nose aspirator to help with her stuffy nose. I thought we should maybe call the hospital first, too, but my husband seems to just want to take her in, in case it gets worse tonight, when it would be more difficult to get there. She seems to be pretty content now, after nursing her. Maybe she was crying extra this morning because she had slept for so long and was hungry.