View Single Post
July 24th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Super Mommy
I can't believe that Madeline will be 7 weeks old in a couple days and I am still breastfeeding - now exclusively. There were so many days that I almost gave up when I breastfed literally around the clock and she was still not gaining weight. The first few weeks were the hardest of my life. She cried constantly and I felt like a complete failure. Everyone was telling me to stop becuase it was wearing me down so much and I had several emotional melt downs. My mom was the only one who kept telling me that it would get better and to not get discouraged. She spent every day over at my house taking care of my kids while I breastfed and breastfed and breastfed - to the point of bleeding nipples.

Now my little baby is gaining weight every day! It took us over 5 weeks to reach birth weight but she has gained steadily since! 1/2 oz to an ounce a day! That's huge for us I have even been able to get 6 full bags of breastmilk stashed in the freezer....again not a lot compared to some but HUGE for me! I am not trying to brag or anything but after so much work and day after day of saying why can I not make enough milk for my baby I feel like I can help others who might be going through the same thing. I'm just feeling especially grateful today. Thank you to all of you in this group who gave me support. I could not have made it without you!!!!!