View Single Post
July 24th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Veteran
I can't believe how fast the time is flying by!

Just gonna give a little update on how we're doing. First off I'm a FTM. I was definitely having some issues learning to cope with little-no sleep especially because for the first few weeks my body just wouldn't nap during the day with him and then when we were asleep at night every little noise he would make I woke up. I was running on 3-4 hours of sleep a day and it was wreaking emotional havoc. My mom finally convinced me to pump some milk and let Ryan take a bottle so I could take an ambien and get some much needed sleep. I'm EBF so I was dead set against him taking a bottle or paci until 1 month cause I didn't want anything to get in the way of our breastfeeding relationship. Apparently all I needed was something to kickstart my ability to sleep because now I'm sleeping all the time with him.
Actually 2 nights ago for the first time ever he slept for 5 hours straight! It was amazing

Ryan is a very calm peaceful baby and I'm so in love with him. He hardly ever cries, and his favorite place is on my boob lol

He is such a champ at breastfeeding that he has gained so much weight. At birth he was 6lbs 5 oz and yesterday at his 1 month checkup he weighed 10lbs!! I couldn't even believe it. His pediatrician told me to cut him off at 15 minutes on each side cause he wants to stay there for 30 minutes on each side sometimes. He just wants to suck but pretty much won't accept a pacifier at all - he either spits it out or knocks it away with his hands. Do you ladies have any ideas how I can convince him to take it? I have bought 4 different types and he seems to hate all of them.

He developed a pretty bad diaper rash but as soon as we switched him over to cloth diapers its been so much better.

I can't think of anything else to update on other than we're having a really great time together and I love being a mommy

How are all you ladies with your new babies doing?