View Single Post
July 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know I ask a million of these. Now that Corbin is finally nursing and gaining weight my what I thought might be a slight oversupply is turning into a problem. I noticed a few times last week my right side was spraying out milk after they would unlatch and Nolan would stop nursing and scream in frustration often. Well then Corbin had green frothy poops twice. I called the LC from the hospital she acted like no big deal it will all work itself out in a few days. I tried pumping before feeding(just 5 min) but I guess they had started to get use to the forceful letdown because they screamed when it didn't come out right away. I'm also trying to build up a stash for work so I try pumping after every feeding. I get anywhere from 2oz to 4oz total. Probably more if I kept pumping longer but unless I'm driving someone is usually screaming within a few minutes. Is there anything else I should do? Should I be concerned about the poops or just let things work itself out?

Also I've noticed by the end of the day the babies always do the cluster nursing but they also seem to cry at the breast a lot in the evenings. Like they aren't getting anything. They claw and dig at me like crazy at night. I hate BFing right before bedtime because they are always hurting me. Any ideas? DH is not as supportive in this because he can't see how nursing them at that time of day is any different than the rest of the day and he says I do the rest of the day alone. Ugh.