View Single Post
July 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She really took a turn for the worst a couple weeks ago and drs and nurses said she had a few weeks to a few months. Advanced stage liver failure. This was completely unexpected. Her liver just gave out. Her liver started failing in 2008 and she nearly died from that, but she seemed to recover from that ok. I don't know what changed in her body, but she went from being strong, still independent great grandma to being gone in just a couple weeks. I'm kind of shocked from this. I love her like my own grandparents I grew up knowing. She lived with her daughter, DH's grandma (his mom's mom), and now their house feels strange. I just kind of keep expecting to see great grandma coming down the hall pushing her walker. She died in her home, in her room, surrounded by family and felt loved to the last breath. She went peacefully early in the morning Tuesday and is no longer suffering. That's something to be grateful for. I'll miss her though and already do. We all know, because of our belief in God, we will see her again. We take great comfort in that.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.