View Single Post
July 24th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Ashlynn's Mama
Ok, so I'm Kailey.. I'm 21 and my fiance and I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 13 month old. For financial reasons, we CANNOT..absolutely CANNOT have another child right now. Don't get me wrong, on the rare chance a conception happens he is completely aware I would go through with the pregnancy and we'd have a third, but it's really not a good time. He is working and I am going to college in the fall and also looking for a part time job. Once I'm out of college I will be working full time and he will be in college so we can move from our 2 bedroom condo to a house.
I tried the mirena as my birth control but after gaining a lot of weight, losing my milk supply almost completely (working on getting it back up to normal now..) and having erratic and frustrating cycles I just couldn't take it anymore.
So now we're back to square one.
I'm leaning towards condoms..but I want to consider other methods too since condoms are so pricy.
What does everyone do? How can I reliably keep track of everything. I can't temp..my son wakes up too often for me to really sleep long enough and I don't sleep much anyways. I want a reliable method. I do plan on using condoms during ovulation with whatever I decide, but other than that I'm not sure..
Anyone have a mirena before? Not sure how long until my cycle will be predictable enough to NOT use protection. I'm lost.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!