View Single Post
July 25th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Melissa,

That is really tough. With my first loss, my sister and SIL were both pregnant, we all knew each other were pregnant. When I had my loss, it sucked, they were talking about their pregnancies and people were asking them questions and it really hurt. With my 2nd loss, my sister was pregnant again and she actually called me one day because she wanted to know if it was okay for her to bring her u/s to show my mom. I felt so badly that she actually thought she couldn't enjoy her pregnancy, but I was also touched that she thought enough to ask first. I loved seeing her u/s even though I was still hurting, but it meant a lot to me that she asked before rubbing it in.

I think telling her when you feel she is ready (which may never be until she gets pg again), when you do tell her, just let her know that you are okay with her feeling sad, that you know how she feels and you know how much it sucks to be on the other end. Unless of course you don't think she wanted you all to know that she was pregnant, then that really is a tough place. Maybe have DH tell them, does your MIL know you are pregnant?