View Single Post
July 25th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Veteran
I have a question and be honest.

Just before the 4th of July I said to my fiancée....I think your mom is great and I have never had any issues with her, but I hate it when she takes Ella out of my arms without asking to hold her or having her offered (and I do offer her to his mom). I then asked him not to say anything to her, I was just sharing my feeling. Well we went camping with his parents and sister and her family. The first night we were all sitting around the picnic table and his mom looked as if she couldn't stand me (she had always been very kind and friendly with me) ....So I knew that he said something to her, I later asked him if he had and of course he did tell her that it bothers me. Well the rest of the weekend she wouldn't even talk to me and of course wouldn't ask to hold Ella. Fast forward to this past weekend...we are at his sisters house for her bday, I made a point to stand right next to his mom with Ella. The entire time I was there she kept her back to me....then when I stepped in the house I passed Ella off to my fiancée, and I swear the minute I was out of sight he handed Ella off to his mom.

We have had a couple arguments about this and he just says that I need to work it out with his mother....now here is my question or 2 questions. A)am wrong to want someone to ask permission to hold my child, even if it is his mother? B) is it really my place to fix anything? How would I even start that conversation? I am not acting any differently and I certainly am not ignoring her.
Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses