View Single Post
July 25th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Formerly Halfbaked
After 8 kids, I can tell you it's normal. I had a doctor tell me once, that there are really 4 trimesters. The first 12 weeks after a baby is born, are grueling. You then have to adjust that for prematurity too. My first baby, I was going to be the perfect mom and have her sleep in her own bed and eat on a schedule and she would love her swing. Ha ha ha. She ended up sleeping in my bed until she was 3, she ate constantly and I had to buy a carrier because I could never put her down. More than once I took her for car rides and let her sleep in her carseat with a wet diaper because I was desperate to just sleep.
It does get easier, I promise. I don't worry so much about what didn't work and spend a lot of time just sitting and holding Jocelyn. My dh, who used to get upset about his sleep, has learned to give me a break. Just find what works. Just remember, you aren't a bad mom for doing something you said you wouldn't, and this too shall pass.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page