View Single Post
July 25th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Hi, I posted here about a week ago talking about being put on bed rest for pre-term labor. Thanks everyone for the kind words - they were great to read! Never got a chance to repost because baby was born the very next morning. I guess even me being on meds and doing absolutely no movement but getting up to go pee was just not enough. We welcomed Isaac Chase into the world at 32 weeks gest. age and he has done wonderfully so far!!

He weighed 4lb 6oz when he was born and has since lost a few oz. He didn't have any trouble with breathing besides a few apnea/bradycardia spells here and there. He's doing well and was just transferred out of the NICU to a Special Care Nursery. He just needs to work on increasing his feedings. Right now he is fed through a tube but once he is 34 weeks (next friday), we will introduce him to breast and possibly bottle. The nurses anticipate that he will take a week or so to master the skill of coordinating suck, swallow, and breathe, and we will hopefully take him home soon after that!

My due date was September 13 and he was born on July 19. Still having trouble wrapping my head around it. I love him so, so, so much and every minute I spend with him in special. Love being a mom more than anything and I cannot wait until the day we can take him home. Anticipated day of discharge is August 16. Wish us luck!