View Single Post
July 26th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
so, i'm 17 years old and pregnant. i have no one who i can talk to about this- my boyfriend is very supportive in his own way but he's more just more excited than i am, while i'm trying to be realistic. we still live at home with my parents, who are having marital problems that are causing a strain on my own relationship. he wants to leave so that our family can be independent, and while i think we're both mature enough to take this on, i honestly don't want to move yet. my parents' house is walking distance to both of our jobs and our car isn't drivable right now (long story, but the brake line's completely shot). moving out right now is completely irresponsible. at work, we both just got promotions that came with more responsibility and more on-call hours for which we need to be close by and reliable.

i feel so stressed about this whole situation. to top it off, one of my best friends (i only have two) is moving away from me to go to college to better herself and i feel left behind. i'm happy for her accomplishments, don't get me wrong, but i'm going to miss her terribly. my other best friend (she's 18) thinks that having a baby is a splendid idea, and whenever i try to tell her how hard this is on Nate, myself, and my parents, she says if i can do it, she can. i know i can't stop her from making the mistake i did but it's almost insulting that she isn't listening to me when i'm trying to vent- she's looking at me as a how-to-do-teen-pregnancy guide.

the worst part, though, is knowing i disappointed everyone. i graduated high school at 16 and am now half done with a two-year degree. i feel like this pregnancy is a slap in the face to everyone who was proud of me, and i know that they now think i'm going nowhere in life. a lot of girls in my small town are pregnant are my age and their baby daddies left them high and dry, so i know i should be grateful for the support Nate's been giving me and how accepting our families both are on the surface, but i can tell they don't have very high expectations for us anymore. he comes from a line of literal geniuses and i know his father had big plans for his future, and even though he's excited about being a grandfather again, i'm afraid he's also disappointed in us.

i'm not even sure what i'm looking for by posting this (i'm honestly not sure how forums work anyway) and i know it's very ramble-y, but i just needed to get that off my chest.