View Single Post
July 26th, 2013, 12:54 PM
mommy and step mom to three boys 4 and under mommy and step mom to three boys 4 and under is offline
I'm Shayna, a 23 year old mom to a 4 year old stepson, 3 year old bio son, and 18 month bio son. I was glad to find this board and other people who go through the same craziness. Some days, I'm at the point of pulling my hair out, and then I have to step back and laugh at the fact that this was "what I wanted." Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade these boys or my husband for anything in the world but when we got engaged and married 5 years ago and I knew that BM was pregnant with what "might be" my husband's child, I had NOOOOO idea what I was getting into.

We got married, a month later my husband left for military school and I was in an apartment living on my own for the first time in my life, 23 hours from "home," and the only person I knew in town was 7 months pregnant with his son and bat sh*t crazy. My husband was in school when she gave birth, so I went to the hospital and saw him. After paternity testing and him getting orders to Germany, we figured we'd give her a chance to be a decent mom because fighting a custody battle from Germany would be expensive and next to impossible.

Needless to say, less than six months later I was pregnant, and we started a 3 year long custody battle and went to court every summer, got summer visitation to bring him to Germany but didn't get to see him other than that or talk to him on the phone because she wasn't home or refused to answer the phone.

We moved back to the states a year ago (with 2 kids of our own now), and shortly after, we got full custody of him. So, with a 2 1/2 year old, a nursing 10 month old I was desperate to wean, SS came home with my husband, completely unexpectedly after a court date where she failed another drug test.

It's been an adjustment, a HUGE adjustment, and sometimes I literally want to beat my head against the wall. And then a few minutes later, without fail, one of these three amazing, stubborn, smart, loving, filled with energy boys does something that makes me wonder how I could have ever been frustrated with them.

Look forward to getting to know you ladies and hearing your experiences.