View Single Post
July 27th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Hi friends,

I don't know for sure that I'm pregnant... I'm at 7 DPO so I haven't tested yet. But I think I am based on symptoms (wishful thinking??)!

When I began to think I might be pregnant I stopped taking my anxiety medication because my mom (who is a RN and worked for a year or so in the Labor and Delivery Unit of the hospital) once said that there can be negative affects on the baby if I take the medication during pregnancy.

I trust my mom of course, but I'm looking for more information and don't want to ask her because she doesn't know that I may be pregnant. No need to alarm her before I have good reason to!

I've read a lot online and apparently it's a level C drug (FDA) which mean it has shown correlation with use during pregnancy and heart defects in the babies of lab animals.

All that said, it really helps me control my emotions and anxiety and am nervous about not being on it during an especially emotional time such as pregnancy... has anyone had experience with this kind of medication? What have your doctors said on the subject?

Sorry, I know it's long... just been on my mind and thought I'd ask! Thanks in advance.