View Single Post
July 28th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, my first labor went pretty fast, I was induced though. I went from 5 cm dilated to 10 in 45 minutes with that one. 45 minutes of pushing, and Ethan was out.

With Kody, I showed up at the hospital because I went to a doctor appointment and was already 5 cm! I wanted to get things moving, so they broke my water, that got labor going, and I had Kody about 3 hours later. DH says he thinks I pushed for an hour. But it didn't seem that long to me. At the same time, it didn't seem like 45 minutes with Ethan, so...it's very possible it was an hour. But the contractions didn't really get difficult to handle until I was about a 9. It was definitely "faster" by my estimations, at least in the pain department! It was still every bit as painful during pushing. But the contractions seemed much more manageable even though it was still a pretty fast progression. Well, I wasn't induced with Kody, so that could be part of it, but...anyway, take from that what you will! I think generally a second labor is supposed to be faster/easier.

I think the difference I can see from the two labors was in the earlier labor. With Ethan, although I was induced, it seemed to progress slowly and I felt it a lot more. With Kody I didn't even realize I was in labor. I had been having the same crampy feelings I'd been having for weeks, with no apparent progress, but meanwhile I dilated to a 5 like that. The end part went pretty similar...fast transition and pushing was about the same time.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Last edited by EverydayJoy; July 28th, 2013 at 12:04 AM.