View Single Post
July 28th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Scheduled csection so not much of a story. July 24th we had to be at the hospital at 7:30am. Got prepped and went back a little before our scheduled time of 9:30am.. As soon as the spinal was in, I was laid down. The spinal guy told me before hand if I needed to throw up say something and he'd give me more meds. So I say I'm going to throw up. And he says I'm giving you meds now, I told him I didn't think I could wait, haha. So I started gagging, and threw up a tiny bit. Then the meds worked! Daddy came in and soon. After baby was out! She didn't cry at first, scared the living daylights out of me. I could hear them suctioning her out while they were closing me up and all I could think was, 'oh no, it's happening again, she's going to be taken away from me and put in nicu". Luckily she wasnt and she went to recovery with me. As soon as they were able to elevate my head a little without my Bp dropping, they gave me my lil girl and we did skin to skin while she nursed! Got to our room and I was relieved she was with me. Then a few hours later they gave her a bath and the doc came in to see her. She was breathing too fast so down to the nursery she went (I'm not. Sure if she went to the regular nursery or nicu, one nurse said one thing and another said another). She was there 3-4 hrs and back with me. She dropped almost 10% of her weight because she would sleep more than nurse. But we are doing good now, I have more pelvis pain than csection pain!

Yalia Izabel
9:53 am
7lbs 4ozs
20.5 ins
Went home at 6lbs 11ozs

Last edited by JessKeller24; July 28th, 2013 at 10:13 AM.