View Single Post
July 29th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hugs! I'm sorry that it was not the experience you hoped it would be. I would personally say that the first few weeks of nursing are not easy. I didn't have a major problem/complication either time in the early weeks, but both of them nursed a LOT. Grace would stay latched on for 45 min to an hour, and I'd get maybe a 30 min break and she'd do it again. Anna still, at nearly 16 weeks, nurses every hour if we're at home. And during the growth spurts (3 weeks and 6 weeks, especially), it was rough. They'd nurse pretty much around the clock, every 30 minutes or so. I'd say, though, it did get easier around 6 weeks. And both times, by the time I returned to work at 12 weeks, things were much better.

Even though nursing is a natural thing, it is not necessarily an EASY thing, especially in the beginning. I agree that finding a carrier that allows you to nurse hands free and still be able to move around the house might be helpful. Also, maybe finding a breastfeeding support group, like La Leche League, in your area. I'd say it's worth giving it a shot with #2, and take it one step at a time. And you're right...your sanity is vitally important, so if it's something that makes it difficult to cope, it's not the end of the world to acknowledge that and move on.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!