View Single Post
July 30th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine were all different... My 3 boys were all born at around 42 weeks. I had no epidurals - back then they were not widely used and a more natural approach was the "norm"... I did have Demerol for pain with my first 2 which only made me throw up. 1st labor 37 hours, 2nd 18 hours, and 3rd 9 hours so they did get shorter.

With Scarlett I was induced at 39 weeks as I had concerns about my age and placental function ect... They gave me something to help me sleep as I was not progressing at all which totally knocked me out and made me so fuzzy... I remember waking up screaming in pain but I was so out of it from the sleep meds that I couldn't do my breathing or focus or anything - just scream. So that turned into an epidural. Time to push and I was still so out of it that she got stuck half way through the birth canal. The doctors/nurses all pushed my husband out of the way and some of them got on my stomach and physically pushed on me to try to get her out. Then a nurse yelled at me saying that if I did not push her out she could die. I sort of remember freaking out and somewhere, somehow I got out of that drug induced haze and pushed and did not stop for 3 whole minutes until she was born. I was still so drugged up that I could not even hold her for a few hours. I just wanted to sleep. For me - a natural birth is the way to go.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.