View Single Post
July 31st, 2013, 05:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to juleeannk
Check out Baby2Breast, I am not sure if they are set up for Canada, so home visits may be out of the question, but they do Skype visits and they are all Lactation Consultants. I have done some Skype visits with my breastfeeding clients in the past. It's not ideal, but it's better than not being able to see one at all. I cannot speculate how to help you without knowing a full history. Like what kind of birth did you have, any interventions, medications you are on, if you started birth control at all, what kind of pump you are using. You will need a hospital grade pump in order to build your supply back up. If you were using the wrong size flanges, it would make your supply drop. If the pump wasn't strong enough, it will make your supply drop. You have to pump 8-12 times a day in order to maintain a supply. How often were you pumping? Has the baby ever latched on? Was the baby checked for tongue or lip tie? If you want to get your supply built back up, it will take a lot of hard work but it is doable. You have to sit down and think about what you can handle and if it is worth it. You would need to pump minimum 10 times per day until you see it come back up. You would need to make sure you have a hospital grade pump and that the flanges fit properly. I would also suggest you call your doctor and ask about medicines you can take to build you supply up. There are risks and side effects associated with the medicine so weigh the risks and the benefits with the doctor.