View Single Post
July 31st, 2013, 07:24 PM
Veteran
First off, sorry for making a new thread but I'm using my phone... So I was a little confused on editing a title and post.

But she was born at 5:08am July 31st. I can't remember when I started the pitocin... I think around 11pm on the 30th. I only asked for iv medication which I thought would be just fine... I was so wrong! The pain was so immense. Not that I thought labor was easy but this went beyond comprehension. Well, after suffering enough and finally being double over in pain from the hard, frequent contractions I asked for an epidural. Unfortunately, when the nurse checked me I was just about a 9... So, it was too late. I gave birth with nothing. It was so painful and when I was finally able to start pushing I was getting so exhausted. I felt so beat down. I didn't think I could do it. I felt so frustrated pushing so hard and having pain to go through every minute and not having her here... But she came! And my ob said she actually progressed and came out (when I started pushing) a lot faster than a lot of FTMs. He said he usually saw them take sometimes up to 45 minutes, and my baby girl I pushed for 20-25. She cried on her own right away, and she got a 9 out of 9 apgar. Her pediatrician said she looked good this morning. She's been really sweet and good, too. She hardly ever cries at all. That's just some of how everything is!

Here's a pic of her, her daddy and I. I took a lot more pictures but its hard to upload them via a phone, lol.