Topic: Bedtime
View Single Post
July 31st, 2013, 09:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think you need to start earlier and give yourselves some time to work with. My kids' summer bedtime is about nine, but my dh and I don't go to bed until 11:30 or so. I think everyone needs some grown up time at the end of the day to decompress. It would drive me crazy to have kids up and bugging me until the very last second of my day too.

We just do the usual....bath, clean up rooms, stories, prayers. I let the older ones read in their beds with a book light after I tuck them in if they want. No one really gets back up other than the three year old. She usually has a few complaints (blanket fell off, etc.) We just deposit her back in bed. It seems to work out that she nods off by the time the older kids finish reading, so they don't bother each other too much.

I've always heard it is bad to watch tv right before bed, so you could try cutting that out an hour or so before and see if it helps them wind down. Full disclosure - I fall asleep with the tv still on...but it's worth a try right? Lol. ....