View Single Post
August 1st, 2013, 06:22 AM
Regular
I agree wholeheartedly. I am very blessed in my life, and thank God everyday for each gift I've been given and trusted with. I don't take such gifts lightly. I feel very fortunate to have been called on for this little soul, and intend to nurture and shape this little person using all the love and happiness together our family possesses. Each member contributes to making this a family, without one our whole system would fail. Some members may get chosen by heart and not by blood, thats just the way it is. I have never been the type of person that could live my life within the socially acceptable box of 2.5 kids, white picket fence,etc. I live my life ruled only by my soul/heart and filling them both daily... I will admit there at times it can be total chaos here, extremely mindblowingly loud, and there can even be some knockdown brawls that could make the UFC envious, but I wouldn't change a thing, I LOVE IT!! Lol. I was meant to have the family I do, no question about it I shouldn't have to answer for any of my decisions to anyone who doesn't help me live with them. I admit the day I wrote this post I was quite discouraged. I hadn't realized that I would be on trial with some of my closest and dearest friends/family for trying to help an innocent little darling have a chance at a great life. To be called selfish for wanting to do that was shattering to me!! I felt so alone and low, I hesitated several times before I even wrote it feeling so overwhelmed and even shameful, and the encouragement I got here I will never, ever forget. It helped me so much more than anyone could know, and that kind of kindness to ultimately a stranger I will always hold dear to m heart. I am happy t report that I have picked myself back up and dusted myself off again ready for the next storm that I must face. Thank you all so much!