Topic: So insulted!
View Single Post
August 1st, 2013, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just came back from my week 3 day 1 C25K run and as I was arriving to my home, my next door neighbor's father was going out to his car. He is an older tchek gentlemen who is very talkative. Now I don't know him all that well cause firstly he only visits his son once in a while and secondly, I have only been in this home since March.

He first says hello and then ''nice you are doing some running, how is your eating with that?'' I just sort of jokingly said I eat as I want or something like that just to keep it short and stay friendly. He then said ''As I see it, you need to lose about 18 pounds, you should go on a vegetable diet''. I was... I have no word... I guess I was flabbergasted! !!! I simply laughed, kept my smile and said well that is quite more than I am aiming and said goodbye and went home.

I am honestly insulted and well quite mad, this was already not such a great day to start with. Not only was he out of line but I really doubt that I need to lose 18 lbs. I am 5'5, I currently weigh 144lbs and am aiming to lose about 7 pounds as I normally stay around 137lbs when I am healthy and toned.

I'm trying to not let it get me down as I know this man was completely out of line and... honestly who does that, but it's still quite of a downer .

6/12/2013- 8 weeks