View Single Post
August 1st, 2013, 06:02 PM
Julka
Well, Veronika's kindergarten is 1/2 day so just snacks... but I send lunches for Natasha. I usually do a sandwich or a wrap. She's been BIG on wraps. I'll do turkey, salami, or cheese usually. With lettuce or tomato (whatever he prefers) and some mayo or butter so it's not dry. Their school is nut-free so no PB&J allowed.

Aside from that, I pack fruit.. whatever they like - orange slices, watermelon, apple (rub with lemon juice), peaches, apricots, grapes, etc. Carrot sticks, grape tomatoes, cucumber slices, berries.

Then I buy goldfish crackers, veggie crackers, pretzels, corn puffs.

I will also throw a cookie or a small chocolate or a gummy worm but they have strict instructions to eat the healthy stuff first, lol. They know better than to come home with the gummy worm missing but the carrots still there!!

You can also buy yogurt tubes and freeze them, they usually defrost in their bags by the time lunch rolls around. But I don't usually send yogurt.

Oh, I also send hard-boiled eggs but I tell Natasha to eat it at snack time so it doesn't sit there too long.