Topic: So insulted!
View Single Post
August 2nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I still can't believe he said that. Man if I were 125-ish I think people would be stopping on the street and giving me food to eat (which would be just as rude as that guy ). And even if I had 18 pounds to lose, I wouldn't want anybody to be telling me that off the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
Wow! How rude! Honestly, I have a bad temper and I tend to just blurt when I am angry. He might have heard God knows what. I am not always nice.
Well said! When my BF arrived home later and I told him what happened, he gave me an earful because I did not tell the guy that he was rude and to mind his own busyness (he gave me examples that had quite stronger wording than what I am sharing here though ). I'm just too polite with strangers no matter what they say to me, I sometimes wish I could be meaner and set some limits.

At the same time I might have to see him again often (he apparently visits his son almost every day of the week) so at least it won't be too ackward when I see him but now I definitely know to keep it to a small wave or nod and that's it, no need for more small talk with that rude guy. Luckily his son is super polite and friendly, guess he had a good example of how NOT to speak to neighbors and strangers.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks