View Single Post
August 3rd, 2013, 05:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So last Thursday I started abx for mastitis. On Sunday it flared up super badly, so I went to the dr on monday. She told me to finish the Keflex, then if I needed to, to start another antibiotic she would prescribe that was stronger. I finished the Keflex on Wednesday and was feeling completely better, my milk supply in my left is also at 90% of what it was before. This morning I woke up and my breast is sore again, in the same spot that it was sore when I had the mastitis. I noticed my nipple is sore too, not the nipple itself but it feels like under the nipple (like under the skin) is bruised....hard to explain. Anyway, the pain isn't bad right now, and I feel physically fine. Would you start the new abx as a preventative measure? Or wait it out for a bit?

I don't want it to get bad because DH is working O/T on Monday, so he can't stay home to help me if I need it, if I suddenly come down with raging mastitis again. At the same time, I hate taking abx. They make me feel gross, and I don't like that a "little bit" is transfered in my milk and could give Lilah diarrhea. I don't know what to do.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!