View Single Post
August 3rd, 2013, 10:25 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm really glad you posted this. I could have written this post word for word the first time around. I too felt isolated and trapped in the house. I was not comfortable nursing in public. I would get anxiety just thinking about it. I got one of those Hooter Hiders and barely used it. I ended up pumping and taking bottles if we went out. This time around, I'm still not that comfortable nursing in public, but I'm doing it more. The biggest difference this time around is that I don't have time to pump, so I have to just breastfeed. If I'm not comfortable, I will go to the car to do it or just go home.

As far as fighting with DH, been there done that. Totally normal. I also worried about my son's milestones. At his two month check up, he was diagnosed with torticollis and I was told he might have cerebral palsy. We were sent to a neurologist and to a physical therapist. I was devastated. It turns out he did not have cerebral palsy, but he did have low tone. I had to take him to physical therapy once a week and work with him at home. Talk about anxiety. I also felt jealous of everyone who had a "normal" baby.

I am now starting to worry about my daughter's milestones, but I'm taking it one day at a time.