Topic: Natural Birth
View Single Post
August 3rd, 2013, 11:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've had both, first was a hospital birth with an epidural, second natural home birth. I'd do it natural in a heart beat again! The experience was amazing, it wasn't just about the birth though, having a support team and a caring knowledgeable reliable etc etc midwife made a world of difference. Having my husband know how to help me was pretty awesome. Being at home in the comfort of my own home, being able to distract myself through early labor by hanging out with my older kid, cooking,watching movies all helped. Being supported and never pushed into any decisions, and having full consent so that you feel like you are making a fully informed decision felt great. I don't see any cons to a natural birth in a normal low risk scenario. Pros were the boding I had with my second baby was amazing, she never left my arms, as soon as she was out she was in my arms and she stayed there for about 1.5 hours, all newborn exams etc were done after our initial skin to skin and nursing and it was done on the bed next to me. Anyways I can talk about this for days lol, if you have any questions for me let me know
Oh I think the biggest pro was being in complete awe of my body, I've never had good image of myself or my body but after this second birth I appreciate it a lot more, the best self esteem booster lol. My first birth was a total of 38 hours, about 18 hours of active labor. Second birth total of 19 hours, 1 hour of active labor. I can share both birth stories.