View Single Post
August 4th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The Jesus Storybook Bible is a great place to read the major stories. It is more in depth than the typical Bible storybook. We read it when my son was 6. Now we are reading the NIRV version (of the regular Bible)on my Bible app because its in such simple language. I always recommend starting in the gospels. We are reading Matthew (about a chapter a night after his other library book). You could also read Proverbs because its full of everyday, common sense wisdom. Genesis is another great "first book" to read for how and why we are here and lays the foundation for everything else. Also this is a great blog for christian parenting : Bible | Raising Olives

I too have been convicted recently that I need to be doing much more to teach my children the Bible. God is full of grace for us!!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16