Topic: Bible advice
View Single Post
August 4th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would also recommend John as well as Proverbs and Psalms. Do you have a Bible app or study Bible? If you have the app it's easy to search for a specific topic and then just read the entire chapter in context or just to read all of the verses on that topic. I love the DAKE Bible for really in depth Bble study but he (Dake) can be a little overwhelming at first. I never knew how to really study or "get into" the Bible until I started Dake. One of the best things I ever did was to start my own notebook of Bible topics. I started with "Heaven" and wrote every verse I found about heaven. I have other topics such as "the tongue" "angels" "second coming" "old testament law" etc.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16