View Single Post
August 4th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I'm sure I'm going to quickly offend most of you. Let me first say that I don't think he should have gone in to sit down and leisurely read the paper while leaving his child in the car. That's crazy!! However, running in to pay for gas, grab a quick gallon of milk, etc. - I see nothing wrong with. Small kids are fastened into seats and wouldn't be able to get out, particularly when the air conditioner is on. It would be different if someone left them in a hot car, windows up or down. It is my opinion that there are many occurrences where things are completely fine, but for the nosy people who feel the need to interfere in every situation. Again, I'm not talking about leaving kids in the car, and never in a hot or freezing car, for long periods of time. Where I grew up, people starting calling the police if a child was in the car while the parent went in to pay for gas. I find this completely absurd! If the child were truly in danger, that would be one thing, but I don't agree that them being in a temperature-controlled car for a few minutes while tightly buckled up puts them in any danger. Okay, stepping off my little soapbox now.

I think you did the correct thing, FW, and you've said your piece, and now I would let it drop, unless it becomes an issue again.

New picture in progress......