View Single Post
August 6th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Isabel is almost 2 months old and most of our days are still spent using the bottle. Some days she doesn't nurse at all, some days only once. We were doing good one day where she nursed a bunch of times! But we noticed on the days she didn't nurse, she is only taking 12-13oz a day (down from 18 a day when she was in the hospital) and she's stopped pooping (still get 6+ wet diapers a day though) but really she is on the brink where she's at so our pedi wants us to start waking her to eat every 2 hours instead of every 3 and see if that makes a difference. (At the hospital she ate every 4...) I obviously can't track how much she is eating if I breastfeed, so right now she's mostly on the bottle again. I am still trying to breastfeed her at least once a day though. Once we know she is gaining well, I will try more nursing directly. Another thing I noticed is she will only nurse if I'm sitting upright holding her. No side-lying nursing, which saved my tired bum with my other kids.