View Single Post
August 6th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Super Mommy
I've heard that from other women too. In Canada, we get a year of maternity leave so there's no immense pressure need to have my LO bottle feeding right away. I also don't have a need for a large stockpile of milk since I will be at home with baby most of the time. However, I would like to start making that transition to a bottle so that I can occasionally leave baby with DH or family members for a few hours and go out on my own.

Marcos will be 3 weeks tomorrow. I just got a breast pump today and have started pumping today. I haven't tried giving him the bottle yet so I have no idea how he will react to it. I am a bit worried about him rejecting it because he already hates the pacifier and seems to have no idea what to do with it (although I've only tried one brand).

My LO feeds off one breast at a time, so this morning I pumped 2oz from the same breast that he had just drank from. Next time he feeds, I'll give him the other breast and will pump 2oz from that one.

I'm a FTM so I'm not too sure what I'm doing. This is the first baby in the family and pretty much all my family members formula fed their kids so they have no idea about breastfeeding. Most of the info I have is from what I've read online. For all other BF moms... does that sound just about right?