View Single Post
August 6th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Veteran
My story starts off with an early morning shower. Using the special soap I had to wash off wake up and get to the hospital by 7 a.m. Needless to say hubby was running late. We enter into labor and delivery and I was then shown to my prep room. They started the iv i put on a gown and informed me that I could probably go early like 730 early. Ecstatic and scared all at once I said okay. Well 10 minutes later they re entered the room to inform me my doctor wasn't available. I said okay to put my mind back into the frame set of 9 a.m. And continue to wait. AT 9 a.m. The nurse came in the room to inform me the doctor had two vaginal deliveries that needed her now so I was pushed back even later. The doctor walks in and notices I've been contracting since I got there and for kicks and giggles does a cervix check. Prior to my delivery day I was already 100 percent effaced sometime between Thursday and yesterday morning I dilated to 5 centimeters and they did not want a vaginal delivery so they rush me to the o.r room. They scrub in at 915 they put a warmer on my arm so that I could not move them but first they gave me my epidural which he had to poke in 2 different spots cause the catheter wouldn't thread. 950 my husband finally enters the room wearing his cute little surgeon outfit. The c-section began and at 9:58 my beautiful baby girl popped out! My husband cried! it made all of the pain, appointments, needle pokes and stitches well worth it!