View Single Post
August 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My first 3 pregnancies were relatively uneventful.

In February I had a natural m/c at 7-8 weeks. It took forever for my levels to drop down to 0, but finally things returned. It was a pretty horrific experience as far as the amount of bleeding/clots/cramping.

We waited a few months and were so happy to get pregnant again on the first time trying. We saw a beautiful, strong heartbeat at 7w6d. We felt like we cleared the hurdle. Dr said the chance of a m/c was only 1-5% after seeing the heartbeat.

Shortly after I completely lost any pregnancy symptoms. I thought maybe I was just lucky this time, with DS1 I was never sick, sore boobs, etc. I have a doppler I tried using some, with no success. But I reminded myself how with DS2 the doppler didn't pick anything up until around 16 weeks at the OB's office, so at 12 weeks they sent me for an ultrasound and everything was just fine.

Yesterday I had my 12 week appointment. My OB walked in and I told him I was a bit nervous, said it was probably just anxiety/paranoia because of the loss in February. He uses a handheld ultrasound machine and I got the bad news. I then went to the regular u/s machine so the baby could be measured. It appears to have stopped growing just 3 days after we saw it thriving so perfectly. Since it has been 4 weeks and my body didn't kick into gear I decided to go ahead with a D&C.

I don't really know what to expect. I'm scared and not wanting to admit this is really happening. I'm trying to wrap my head around how I had 3 great pregnancies and now 2 miscarriages in a row. I keep feeling like it is just a bad dream. I don't really know how to move on from this. Last time I was so determined to just jump right back in, but this time I'm terrified of having another one.
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013