View Single Post
August 8th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Every breath is a gift.
With my first baby I planned on cloth diapering but didn't build a huge stash. I have 2 diaper covers in each size and bought tons of cute material to make some of my own... but of course never got around to it (My sewing machine has a bad wire somewhere and the machine turns on and off if the electrical cord wiggles at all). I have another 6-8 (can't remember exactly) cloth nappies that were given to me as gifts. They are really thick and say they don't need a cover at all, but I'm a little nervous about those. Other than that I have 2 dozen pre-folds. Basically my point is, I have a little stash that will get me by until I figure out what works and what doesn't.

My issue is, I was a lot more stuck up during my first pregnancy about the things I planned to do as a mother. Now that things are slightly different, and all I can imagine myself doing is holding this baby 24/7... I'm not sure if struggling with cloth diapers and all the extra (stinky) laundry is something I will even WANT to do now. Did I mention I'm not a fan of dirty laundry in the first place? Disposables seems so much easier. Baby needs a change? Okay!! Slap on a fresh new sposie, toss the old one in the trash and boom, back to snuggling with baby.

I don't know if I'm looking for motivation, or what, but I want the honest truth from you ladies. What would you do in my situation? Use disposables until baby is at the mobile age and is no longer wanting mommy snuggles then switch to my little cloth diaper stash? Switch between cloth and sposies from the beginning? OR, stick to disposables since it is easier?

I would appreciate any opinions, comments, experiences, etc.