View Single Post
August 9th, 2013, 07:32 PM
TTC #1!
Some suggestions, from things I am doing:

*Get your finances together. If you have debt, try to get it paid off. Open a savings account just for baby stuff. A little bit each paycheck in a year will be a nice chunk.

*Read parenting books now. Figure out what your parenting approach will be before you are pregnant and you are getting 10 zillion conflicting suggestions. I am sure first pregnancies are probably a very confusing and hormonal time, so confidence on what you plan to do will help you be able to ignore those who push their advice on you.

*Exercise. If you need to lose or gain a few pounds, now is the time to do it. I am not sure if being in good shape makes for an easier pregnancy/birth but it can't hurt.

*Check yourself mentally. Do you have any underlying issues that might need to be addressed? Anxiety, depression, etc. I saw a therapist for six months to get me over my obsessive worrying about everything.

*Have a pre-conception doctor's visit. I had this past January mine and my doctor made sure I was up to date on my immunizations and checked my blood for any issues that might hamper conception - thyroid, etc.

Good luck and welcome!