View Single Post
August 12th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Veteran
I'll be starting my pickles this week: watermelon rind as soon as I feel like going to the store to buy a lemon and cucumbers and/or beets if I make it to the farmer's market.

I still need to make that pot of soup because I forgot I already had soaked and cooked garbanzos for hummus to dip the leftover sweet peppers from the salsa in. We'll probably do pasta with marinara sauce on a day when i just want to boil water and open a mason jar and (at least I hope) baked beans and Boston Brown Bread on a cozy at home day that isn't too hot. I'm also looking forward to thawing some broccolini (sticker shock at the cash register but SO worth it for cooking in quantity! You don't need to peel the stems so there is literally no waste) but the summer squash also looks pretty good and I've got onions to cook it up with in the fridge.

Mung bean noodles remind me of a thai recipe I haven't made in way too long so maybe I'll do that too if I can score some peanuts and cilantro.

I'm saving my frozen bananas for smoothies but I've got apples if you wanted to share the sugar free banana bread recipe. I'm almost out of sugar after canning all that fruit this week.