View Single Post
August 14th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're not happy about your unexpected pregnancy. I know things seem difficult to you right now, but I want to tell you tha many mamas have been in far more difficult circumstances and kept their little baby and things do work themselves out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagamama View Post
In my experience things have a way of working themselves out, even though they seem impossible at the time. I truly believe we are given 9 months for a reason, so we can prepare ourselves for our new addition.
I think this is a wonderful way to put it. As to losing your job, it's not legal in the US to fire someone because of pregnancy.

I also want to point out that this tiny son or daughter is no less your child than the two daughters you already have. Does it make sense to end this one's life because he or she was unexpected or because your financial situation isn't as good as you'd like? Yes, babies take time and attention, and you may feel like you're stretched already. But remember that the years of intense parenting are very brief, over all too soon, and you will look back at them always with good memories. Don't end your little one's life just because things seem crazy right now. You can't get this baby back, not a year from now when things are smoother, not five years from now when you are in a better financial position.

The bottom line is, even if it 'messes up' your plans now, you will never, ever regret this little child once he or she is nestled in your arms. You're his or her mama, and you won't regret this one anymore than you regret your daughters. But you yourself said you feel like you're killing your child. You will regret that. And there's no way you can ever 'fix' that once it's done.

Best wishes and keep us posted. We're here as you work through this!