View Single Post
August 15th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kendal, you wanted to know why I'm sending them to public school. Belle really enjoyed the things she did with the middle school last year...art, chorus, cross country, and track. She asked in April or May if she could start public school next year. We said yes. Then a little later Ry and Finn said they wanted to start as well. But Finn keeps going back and forth about it. We all loved homeschooling, but we all feel that it is a good time to have the kids start ps if they want. It will give me more time for Zane. It takes up so much time homeschooling all three kids, bringing them to and from homeschool activities, public school class we have them take, Science Museum classes they take, sports schedules.....I am either doing school work with the older 3 or bring them to or from some activity that Zane is just kind of dragged along, but never really gets to have much time focused on him. It is crazy. So this year we either needed to cut back on a ton of the extra activities or public school. I think it will go well, but homeschooling is something we all enjoy so we will go back to it for all or any kids who want to down the road if so desired. Still a HUGE supporter of homeschooling.

Aaron, I have mixed emotions about sending the kids to public school. But this won't be "back" to public school for them. They've always been homeschooled, but they have all done things with the school. Art, gym, music, chorus, sports....

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).