View Single Post
August 15th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Hi All!

My husband and I will start TTC soon, so I've started looking for a fantastic OB/GYN in the Baltimore County area...and I'm completely overwhelmed! The GYN that I currently go to does not do OB, so I won't be able to stay where I am :-(. I'm new here, so I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'm hoping to find some recommendations from others in the area.

Anyway, here are the qualities I'm looking for:
- No preference on male/female doctor
- Affiliated with GBMC or St. Joe's
- Natural birth with as little intervention as possible
- Open to alternative birth practices (hypno-birthing, Bradley Method, birthing ball etc.)
- Will allow me to move around during labor
- Will be open to working with a doula (that my husband and I will hire)
- Very reassuring/compassionate doctor; great bedside manner; will take the time to talk to me - I'm a worrier, and have anxiety problems. So someone who is reassuring and doesn't freak me out about every little thing is a must.
- Will be accepting (and won't refuse me as a patient) if there are some tests that I refuse during pregnancy.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an OB in the Baltimore County area who would fit that description?? We would also be open to using a midwife. I've started looking around at reviews online, and some of them are downright scary - i.e. a doctor that one person raves about has terrible reviews on other sites. So I really don't know where to start :-/. Any help that all of you can provide will be GREATLY appreciated, and I will be forever grateful!

Thank you! :-)