View Single Post
August 16th, 2013, 06:55 PM
My Husband and I are just starting to try to conceive. We haven't been trying yet, but haven't been preventing either. I'm a worrier, so I'm afraid I will get freaked out if it doesn't happen right away. I know that it can be a long process for some couples, sometimes taking years. Can anyone offer me some helpful, calming advise.

P.S. I am almost thirty and while some of the women I work with say "you have plenty of time" there are others who say "if you two want kids you need to get on the ball. We have waited this long to make sure we were both ready and mature. ( We started dating when I was 19 and have "sowed some wild oats" when we were younger. Didn't feel it was right to blemish the miracle of a child with childish behaviors we weren't quite finished with. To be clear- always monogamous to each other. I know it may not matter to some, but the area we live in, it matters a lot to both of us.) I'm scared that with all the "women" and I use that word loosely when referring to some I know from this area, that just "happen" to get pregnant without trying, I already feel a little like I have failed because it hasn't just happened. I've also never been textbook regular so worried about that as well. Need advise please.