Topic: Hello
View Single Post
August 18th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, see it's kind of quiet in here. Just wanted to share a little about me. I was diagnosed with BiPolar 1, depersonalization disorder, slight agoraphobia, social anxiety and panic disorder in 2001. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks to get my meds under control when I told my doctor I was afraid I could hurt others.
I had a great psych but when it came to my pregnancy in 2008 he totally dropped the ball. Roman was born at 30 weeks gestation with severe hydrocephaly (Water on the brain), he was blind, had cerebral palsy and seizures. After 5 days and 14 hours on respirators and other machines, Roman passed away on July 6, 2008.
I was taking Depakote and Paxil my whole pregnancy. They are both drugs that are class C and I should have been taken off them.
No, I did not file any law suits although I surely could have. I lost my son, I lost my sanity, I lost my job and I didn't want to go thru it all.
I've since gotten a new psychiatrist and a new general doc. I'm taking 10mg of Citalopram (Celexa) now and 0.5mg of Lorazepam (Ativan) and weaning off the Lorazepam completely before TTC again. I used to be on 40mg of Citalopram and 6mg of Lorazepam before we started TTC again about a year ago. No, it hasn't taken me this long to wean down medically...I'm just taking it slow for emotional reasons.
So....that's me. Just stopping in to say hello since I just found this board.