Topic: Rowan Updates
View Single Post
August 18th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness, what a crazy ordeal for you and poor Rowan! I hope something changes for the better very soon, you deserve some great news!! I will be watching for your update tomorrow, many thoughts and prayers for something good to happen.

I think you are totally right to start spacing out the pumping sessions, you need to look at Rowan's health and your family's wellbeing holistically. For you to be present and engaged as much as possible, is a really big deal, especially given all Rowan's extra health needs right now, and pumping takes a lot of time and energy. If you can get to a sustainable level with it where you don't pump as often but you still get a good amount of milk out, that would be ideal, it seems. You may be able to do it just fine, some moms have large storage capacities and can go longer between feeds/pumps and provide more milk per session and get the same volume out in the end, and it sounds like you might be one of those. I've also read that you can keep production up with less frequent pumping sessions by just pumping for more time than you usually would, and keeping the pump going for a few minutes after the last drop comes out. Good luck!!!