View Single Post
August 19th, 2013, 06:54 PM
TTC #1 after loss
Getting pretty excited/nervous about our initial IVF appointment on Wednesday. I called today to make sure my records got faxed over, and have been working on my medical history forms (who the hell knows when their last tetanus shot or rubella vaccine was?!). I'm not altogether sure what all will happen at this appointment, but we were told to plan for 4-6 hours, so it must be a lot! I do know DH will give a sample for testing/freezing, and that we'll talk to a finance person. That's about all they specified.

Speaking of finances, I am lucky to have insurance that will pay up to $15k lifetime toward infertility treatment. Estimated costs are 18K, so considering our (high) deductible and coinsurance (20%), we'll reach our out of pocket max before we're done, meaning we will spend ~4k, and we have a lot more than that in our HSA, so the money won't be a problem. This only applies if we get it done this year though. On January 1, deductible and opm start over, which would SUCK.

Oh yeah, I'm somewhere around 7 dpo, but I'm too focused on the IVF stuff to really think about that. I would LOVE for this all to be a waste of time though!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!