Topic: August chat
View Single Post
August 20th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Veteran
We're using an older curriculum, so I'm holding off until September 1 for math and doing what I can with reading. I'm not ready for summer to be over yet! I still have to do my pickles and I may or may not get some more apples from my other supplier. I made an appointment to get a new drive chain in my car and we've got a bunch of ILLs waiting for us at the library, so it's going to be a busy week.

I'm making a special rice sack for a very special pregnant mama this week and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the applique came out on the first try! I've never done a machine applique before, but I used fuzzy knits that were very forgiving.

Hopefully my other client will still have work for me. I don't have any control over that, but I can control whether I use interlibrary loan more and the buy-it-now button at Amazon less.

I'll join the wannabe RVing club, but there are so many things I'd miss about my house and my town and so many little expenses I'd have to worry about: laundromats, having to buy out of season produce from the grocery store, etc. that it's kind of a combinbation best case and worse case scenario, depending on how I frame it in my own imagination.

Funny how "losing my home and becoming a trailer trash baglady" isn't really all that different than "winning the lottery so I can travel the country full time in my RV" except for how we perceive ourslelves or imagine others perceiving us.

We're using an older curriculum, so I'm holding off until September 1 for math and doing what I can with reading. I'm not ready for summer to be over yet! I still have to do my pickles and I may or may not get some more apples from my other supplier. I made an appointment to get a new drive chain in my car and we've got a bunch of ILLs waiting for us at the library, so it's going to be a busy week.

I'm making a special rice sack for a very special pregnant mama this week and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the applique came out on the first try! I've never done a machine applique before, but I used fuzzy knits that were very forgiving.

Hopefully my other client will still have work for me. I don't have any control over that, but I can control whether I use interlibrary loan more and the buy-it-now button at Amazon less.

I'll join the wannabe RVing club, but there are so many things I'd miss about my house and my town and so many little expenses I'd have to worry about: laundromats, having to buy out of season produce from the grocery store, etc. that it's kind of a combinbation best case and worse case scenario, depending on how I frame it in my own imagination.

Funny how "losing my home and becoming a trailer trash baglady" isn't really all that different than "winning the lottery so I can travel the country full time in my RV" except for how we perceive ourslelves or imagine others perceiving us.